Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (BSpExSc) 2018
- Accredited Exercise Scientist (AES)
- Member of Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA)
- Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT52015) 2020
- Accredited Remedial Massage Therapist (RMT)
- Member of Australian Natural Therapies Assosication (ANTA)
- Registered with the Australian National Register of Accredited Natural Therapists (ANTRA)
- Registered with Complementary Medicine Practitioner Associations Council (CMPAC)
- Licensed HEAL (Healthy Eating Activity & Lifestyle) Facilitator 2018-2019
- WHA (Workforce Health Assessors) Assessor
Professional Development and Certificates
- Senior First Aid CPR & Defibrillation
- Working with Children Blue Card
- Foot Mechanics Workshop
- Certificate III in Pathology Collection
- Certificate IV in Massage Therapy
- Infection Control Training – COVID 19
Mikaela is an Accredited Exercise Scientist and Massage Practitioner. Her aspiration to work in the field is due largely to her admiration to help people, including members of her family and friends who are forever injuring themselves.
Mikaela utilises a range of modalities such as strength training, myofascial release techniques, stretching and cardiovascular training to help her clients improve their mobility and ability to carry out everyday activities with ease. Goal setting is a key component for her ability to set achievable goals in a reasonable timeframe for her clients.
Mikaela has a keen eye for exercise technique and is able to progress or regress exercises to meet the clients needs.
Mikaela is also a lover of all things fitness, participating in a number of sports since a young age including gymnastics, dancing and touch football. Currently, she still enjoys touch football, playing in Mixed and Ladies A Grade competitions at her local club and of course strength training and Altitude Training modalities.
When she’s not playing sport, Mikaela can found spending time with her family exploring the Tropics.