Do I need a referral to be seen?
No, you do not need a referral at all to be seen. But what a referral does offer is a detailed background on your condition that will help us target your goals. This allows us to liaise with your referring GP and discuss further possible avenues for treatment. A Medicare Chronic Disease Management Plan or Department of Veteran Affairs referral will allow you to access our services under a subsidy.
What is a Chronic Disease Management Plan (CDM)?
The CDM is a government initiative that allows people with chronic injuries or ailments to access professional services to assist with the management of their condition with the benefits of a Medicare Rebate. The CDM was designed to improve the health and quality of life of the older population and those with chronic injuries or ailments. The CDM allows you to utilise the services of an Exercise Physiologist up to five times within a calendar year and receive a rebate of $52.95 per session through Medicare.
How to access the Enhanced Primary Care Plans?
To be eligible to receive the rebate through Medicare you need a referral, to an Accredited Exercise Physiologist from your GP (under item number: 10953). The plan is made to assist patients who have a chronic injury, or health concerns that require management to assist in the prevention of the onset of chronic conditions. To qualify for the CDM you must have a chronic medical condition that has been present for 6 months or longer that is not being managed well in it’s present state.
What is a Chronic Conditions?
- Musculoskeletal Conditions: such as chronic injuries involving the lower back, neck, shoulders, knees, etc
- Diabetes (Type 1 and 2)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Depression and Anxiety
Should I bring past investigations?
Depending on your condition and the nature of the appointment, we would like to see any current reports provided by your GP, Specialist or other Allied Health Professional, such as blood tests, medications, X-ray, MRI and ultrasound. This provides a greater detailed picture and makes our ability to prescribe the most effective exercise for you.
How much do the services cost and how do I pay?
Each service price is different and a full list of fees can be found on our website. Payment is available through EFTPOS or direct debit for those utilising our exercise studio. Remember, if you have a referral you may not need to pay the full amount, if you are unsure about this, just ask one of our staff. Most private health funds also cover our services, if you want to find out if your insurer covers our services, you can either ask us for one of our information cards or simply call your provider.
Enhanced Primary Care & Chronic Disease Management Plans benefits
- Did you know, after your initial consultation process you get 1 month free studio access to all classes and AEP’s to ask questions or any technique corrections that need to be made, if you have a Enhanced Primary Care or Chronic Disease Management Plan.
- Did you know, Initial consultation Medicare rebates are available, if you have a Enhanced Primary Care or Chronic Disease Management Plan.
- Did you know, Medicare rebates are available on Physiological Testing consultations , if you have a Enhanced Primary Care or Chronic Disease Management Plan.
- Did you know, Medicare rebates are available on Personal Program consultations , if you have a Enhanced Primary Care or Chronic Disease Management Plan.