Creating independence for quality of life.
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are specialists in exercise interventions and delivery for people with Chronic Conditions. Exercise physiologists use evidence-based movement and exercise intervention for chronic disease prevention and management, musculoskeletal injuries and weight management.
Exercise Physiology for Chronic Disease and Rehabilitation
Exercise is a form of medicine in that regular physical activity helps improve your overall health, fitness, and quality of life.
Chronic Conditions are conditions that last 1 year or more, and require ongoing medical attention limiting activities or daily living, or both. OR Chronic Conditions and Diseases are long lasting conditions with persistent effects. Their social and economic consequences can impact on peoples quality of life.
Common Chronic Conditions include:
- Cardiovascular Conditions: Myocardial Infarction – Heart Attack, Interventions – CABG, Stenting, PCI, Angina – Stable and Unstable, Heart Failure – (Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Artery Disease (CAD), Electrophysiology Disorders – (AF, AT, SVT), Pacemakers (PPM) and Implantable Cardiovertor Defibrillator (ICD), Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
- Pulmonary Conditions: COPD – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis, Cystic Fibrosis, CRPD – Chronic Restrictive Pulmonary Disease
- Metabolic Conditions: Obesity, Diabetes, Hyperlipidemia – High Cholesterol, Kidney Disease, Liver Failure
- Orthopaedic Conditions: Joint Replacement – Pre and Post rehabilitation, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Low Back Pain
- Neuromuscular Conditions: Parkinson’s Disease, Acquired Brain Injuries, Stroke, Muscular Dystrophy, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neuron
- Cognitive and Psychological Conditions: Depression, Anxiety, Intellectual Disability
- Immunological Conditions: Cancer, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia
Accredited Exercise Physiologist’s being internationally recognised as part of the Allied Health Team are also registered with Medicare Australia, Department of Veteran Affairs and with most private health funds.
Accredited Exercise Physiologists strive to meet the demands of the client’s condition, whether it be chronic pain, a musculoskeletal condition or you just want some advice to get back to being a healthier you.
Book an Initial Consultation with our Exercise Physiologists today.