Complete Health Cairns provides you with the most experienced and knowledgeable Accredited Exercise Physiologist Cairns has to offer – Accredited Exercise Physiologists can offer Medicare and Private Health rebates.
What are Accredited Exercise Physiologists?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are specialists in exercise interventions and delivery for people with chronic conditions, apparently healthy populations (low risk) and strength and conditioning for athletes. We also do Workcover claims and injury management to improve success of return to work and sports.
Our job is to help promote healthy lifestyles to prevent, reduce and manage disease within our populations. This will improve the quality of life for all people.
Much research has demonstrated that the use of exercise interventions can help prevent, treat and improve the quality of life of those living with:
- Myocardial Infarction – Heart Attack
- Interventions – CABG, Stenting, PCI
- Angina – Stable and Unstable
- Heart Failure – Cardiomyopathy
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Electrophysiology Disorders – AF, AT, SVT,
- Pacemakers (PPM) and Implantable Cardiovertor Defibrillator (ICD)
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
- COPD – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Cystic Fibrosis
- CRPD – Chronic Restrictive Pulmonary Disease
- Hyperlipidemia – High Cholesterol
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Failure
- Joint Replacement – Pre and Post rehabilitation
- Low Back Pain
- Acquired Brain Injuries
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Motor Neuron
Cognitive and Psychological Conditions
- Intellectual Disability
AEPs being internationally recognised as part of the Allied Health Team are also registered with Medicare Australia, Department of Veteran Affairs and with most private health funds.
Accredited Exercise Physiologists strive to meet the demands of the client’s condition, whether it be chronic pain, a musculoskeletal condition or you just want some advice to get back to being a healthier you.
Read more about our Exercise Physiologists qualifications and bios.